Friday, November 20, 2020

Planning Storyboard for my Music Video

 Storyboard Blog:

I have very shaky thoughts on these ideas. Though I am in the earlier stages of planning I am not completely confident in my music video just yet. I actually entirely transformed my initial idea and song. I am now using the song "Just the Two of Us" by Bill Withers and Grover Washington Jr. It is a very old song that falls under the the genre of R&B/ Soul music, so it is not super far from my original idea.

First Scene

- the first scene will consist of two point-of-views, one for each actor or "bestfriend." It will be a two separate bedroom scenes where both actors will be waking up from a slumber then getting out of the bed. This scene will be a master-shot with the actor and the bedframe in the camera, partially. For one of the actors point of view, I swap the angle of the camera from master-shot to a mid-shot, only to capture getting out of the bed from a different angle.

Second Scene

- Second scene will require track movement. In this scene actors will walk down a mini hallway. This is supposed to give off the concept of a morning routine styled introduction to my music video. The significance this has to my music is introducing the characters. In this case, the characters are bestfriends with an intense yet platonic love for each other.

Third Scene

- this scene is a continuation of scene #2. The actors have walked down a hallway to enter a bathroom where they both stand in the mirror examine each other, to then release a small smile that ques the beat drop of the music. The camera will record from the charaters point-of-view and only record what is seem in the mirror.

Fourth Scene

- Scene #4 will an entirely different setting, characters are now outside. This shot will be a close-up of the "bestfriends" and their hands, which will be interwined. I want to try and included friendship bracelets as a prop. This is the first scene that establishes the relationship of the actors. 

Fifth Scene

- This scene is a mid-shot of the actors continuing to hold hands but now you will see the entire body and face of the actors. They will walk towards the camera naturally and slowly, and the camera whill simultaneously move backwards.

Sixth Scene

- Now this scene is another continuation. In scene six, it will now be a back-shot of the actors as they continue to walk forward. This time the camera will not follow the actors in a traking motion. This is a still shot.

Seventh Scene

- This is the first scene that I will include lipsyncing in, possibly. I mentioned in the conventions how lipsyncing in music videos is very common if not necessary amongst the R&B Soul genre. This is a close shot of an actors face and I will attempt to blur the background of the scene, possible with my equiment. The actor will lipsync "and I wanna spend my time with you" directly at the camera.

Eighth Scene

- This is another continuation of my last scene. This lipsyncing with continue in this scene done by my other actor. This scene is suppose to create point-of-view of the "bestfriends" holding each other by the fist and spinning. I will do this shot by grabbing the actors hand and spinning with the camera being hand held in between us. 

Nineth Scene

- This scene is exactly the same as scene #8, except the other actor while now carry out the point-of-view action I previously explained. I want both actors to lipsync while recording the spinning scenes in scene eigth and nine.

Tenth Scene

- This scene is a wide shot of the spinning. This shot will capture the action in its entirety. I included this because I want to capture an aunthentic depiction of a close friendship. This is a moment of enjoying time spent together, as if nothing else is more important but the moment these two friends are spending together. My song is a musical representation of this concept.

Eleventh Scene

- This scene is a pan shot of a photos of the friends together. These photos will be spread across a table or container top showcase various amounts of captured moments. This scene conveys the long-lasting friendship storyline I am trying to create.

Twelveth Scene

- Last and final scene that I have to plans for. These scene are fairly simple, the only action or movement is done by the camera. I would like to capture a wide, backwards shot of the "bestfriends" walking hand and hand into a distance. My alternative idea is to capture a shot using reverse zoom movement. The actors will be still resting each others head on one another.

I changed my song and idea because I was having the tough time with creating a storyline that I felt matched the song. So with the help of my cousin, we found a simpler song that is one of my all time favorites. I also like my new concept a lot more, as it relates to my actual life and close friendships. I am a person that loves my friends alot more than I love myself, when I am with them I feel like no one else exist and I am a very firm believer that healthy platonic friendships are very important in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...