Sunday, November 22, 2020

Filming Blog: Filming in Unsual Places

Filming Blog

I filmed my video today, which is November 22th. Throughout my filming process I ran into a couple problems but I did make some improvements based off my last blog and previous issues. For starters, I made an effort to those unnecessary background items that I didn't like. For example, in my first scene, which required the actor to wake up from the bed, I noticed a pile of baskets and books on top of the shelf. They were messily placed on top so I made the decision to remove them from the shelf. I will say that caused an empty space in the shot so in the future I would be mindful of setting the scenery. Considering the shot was a bedroom scene, I could have kept the basket of books but replaced them to look more sophisticated. Another issue I ran into was daylight. Majority of my music video was taken with natural lightening so it was very important to align with the sun and its timing. The sun had began to set in the midst of my recording and I'm pretty sure you can differentiate the lightening differences in the shots. That was a problem that I am confident I can fix. I'd just schedule myself a specify time of the day to film, preferably in the mornings. I also included an extra scene that I did not plan on my storyboard. I am not one hundred percent sure that I will include in my music video yet. The scene has both of my actors in the grass taking pictures of each other with polariod cameras. Polariod cameras are also new additions since I did not mark it as a prop item. 

One of my proudest  the most moments in my filming process, was my use of scene cutting. I tried my first attempt at filming the same scene from different angles. In my editing, i will connect these clips so they move in a continuous motion. This is my first attempt and I think getting familar with this technique will help me with future projects. Something interesting that happened, was the unusaul places I had to stand and set my camera. For the mirror scene, I stood in the tub to a good enough shot of my actors. Overall, my filming process went pretty smoothly. My actors were cooperative and patient for majority of the time. My actors were my family members and towards the end of filming they got pretty irritated but I'm happy they pushed through for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...