Thursday, December 3, 2020

Editing Blog: Pre-editing before Aligning and Cutting

Editing Blog

For my music video, I wanted to use a different editing software to fix the quality of my film. Previously, when I did the commercial project I wasn't satifisied with the quality and I was advised to use a software on my computer rather than my phone. I attempted to do so but none of the applications I installed would work. They were extremely difficult to manuveur through and I simply did not want to spend majority of my time training myself to use a new software, when I could work faster on my phone and just work on fixing the quality. I'll try multiple ways to fix my quality by increasing the videos resolution and/or uploading my videos to YouTube with high quality. I did a little research on how to make sure my videos uploaded with high quality and a couple websites told me to change my uploading quality. That'll be the first thing I try and if that works I will continue to do so. 

Before I could start my actual editing, I looked over all the videos I recorded and took note of what shots were usable. I went ahead and trimmed some of the videos so I could find them easier in my editing app. I also cropped some videos that had unwanted spaces that I didnt like. You'll see in my mirror scene, I cropped and zoomed in on the faces of my actors to capture the expressions that were significant to the scene. Another adjustment I made was with one of the walking scenes. I was unaware that the tripod I used to record was not balanced. I had to manually tilt the video until it was straight, I used a three by three grid to assure the balance. Also, I decided to do minor editing on the videos, prior. I did this by brightening the videos and increasing highlights and contrast. This technique was only for the videos that lost daylight. Remember when I mentioned some of videos had darker lighting than others because the sun had set by the time I got around to recording the scene? Well this was my attempt to fix this that issue. I would say it worked to a good amount but not very aunthentic looking. I think I will work on fixing the lighting for future projects and to challenge myself as an editor. In the future, I will stick to recording earlier in the day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...