Monday, December 7, 2020

Editing Blog: Staying Under A Minute

Editing Blog

All the editing was done on my iPhone using Video Leap. Video Leap video editor and maker, it is a trusted app that I've used for nearly a year. In this portion of my of my editing, I used the app to align my clips, add the music and complete my music videos. The first thing I did was lay out my videos, one by one, trimming them to fit the music. I also had to trim my music down to a minute and decide on where I wanted to start and end the video. Once that was done, I began to add transitions and align more my clips to the of the music.One crucial change, was the order of my scenes. I no longer followed the intensive layout of my storyboard. I decided to switch the order of the scenes because some of the clips did not fit well next to others. I do not think my music video would have conveyed a proper message if I followed the initial order. For instance, I took scene five and nine out and added the additional scene I spontaneously filmed on set. A minor challenge I faced during editing, was meeting staying under one minute. I had so much footage and some scenes took longer than others. I wanted to include everything in my music video but obviously that is unrealistic. I did not have this probably on my commercial project and I think it was because I actually planned how long each scene would be. I did not do this on my storyboard because I was not completely sure how well the music would match. Also, considering this project was two times as long I cannot be completely surprised at the obstacles. My last part of editing was deciding whether or not I wanted to add some transitions. I choose not to do any extraordinary transitions. When I finished editing, I replayed my final product, searching for mistakes to fix. I only ended up doing some extra trimming on clips. By now, I was fully satisfied with my music videos as much as I could be.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...