Friday, November 13, 2020

Introduction to the Music Video Project

 Introduction Blog:

For this music video project, I will be working by myself. For one, I rather have full control of what I do. Working in groups can always be bitter sweet because everyone's input is not always valued or your not able to produce something you are fully proud of. Also, especially in this time, where social distancing and a pandemic is very present, is not the safiest nor reliable thing to do. I dont want struggle with getting in contact with people or the struggle with knowing whether or not my groupmate are going to properly contribute.  So, working by myself would prevent this from happening, allowing full creative control without the hassle of depending on others to pull through for everyone else in the group. I am very aware of the extra work that'll be pinned as an independent worker.

The song I choose is a 2019 R&B/Soul record called "LOVE AGAIN" by Brandy & Daniel Caesar. This song is one of my favories. Its a love song that highlights the strife in relationships at the hands of miscommunication and inability to express genuine intentions. I love the artists in general and I love the instruments in the background. The simplicity of this songs makes it very beautiful, very catchy, and definitely something you could use to portray a story. Actually, that is my main reason for choosing this song. I wanted something that could portray a storyline that relates to audiences. 

I think in general, love songs are some of the easiest songs to connect to story. I would to create a story based on two people that are having a strain in their relationship due to miscommunications. I am not sure if I will necessarily make the portatyed relationship romantic or not but it will definitely be between two people that have love for each other. This song is suppose to narrate that message. I think it will do a good job at that, along with introducing a new song to the audience. Not only is it a beautiful but it holds a very beautiful message. The message they convey is something I can somewhat relate to. I am very certain many people will do the same.


the cover of the single





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...