Thursday, March 11, 2021

Filming Blog: Filming Establishing Shots

Film Blog

We ran into a slight inconvenience, Kassandra who also plays our main character, was not able to film today nor will she be able to film this upcoming weekend. We were determined to get some shots done by this week so we revised our plan. We decided to go ahead and film all the shots that are in extraneous locations, including all of our establishing shots. These shots do not have any dialogue or actors in them, meaning Kassandra's absence won't be a problem in this case. There are only two establishing shots in our film, the beginning title sequence and scene 40, the grandparents' house. Since the "grandparents house" is my house, I took the responsibility of getting these shots. I waited till evening to capture shots of it and I tampered with multiple angles and movements, hand-held and steadicam. One issue I had was deciding whether or not I would allow cars to sit in the driveway for this shot so I did some with a car in the drive and without. I referred to my group members to decide if we should include the car. Another issue was my family being in the way of shots, they were a bit disruptive but it was not a big deal. Here are some the shots:


There were a couple more angles I captured. I showed my group members to get their opinions and see whether or not I should reshoot. The shoot I tackled was my title sequence shots. We captured these shots by getting dropped of at the side of a road and waiting for my sister to passby on the street. This was very difficult and time consuming. For every scene we had to wait nearly ten minutes for my sister to come back around in our camera's view. Once we realized so much time was being waste, we configured our path to drive on and was able to now produce twice as many shots in the same ten minutes. This shot took a lot of takes but my group members and I are proud of what we got. Also, we shot these scenes on two separate days. We let Gabby go through the shots and let us know any flaws that may need reshooting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...