Monday, April 12, 2021

Editing Blog: Almost Done with Editing

Editing Blog

We are super close to being done, we're just waiting for me to finish all the editing. There are two very minor things that I worked on. Those two things were adding background music and prepping space for our title sequence. In my opinion, the background music is the most important part, as it would determine the genre of our film. It was the other group members jobs to find music the music, then my job to add in the film. We looked through a couple of the suggested websites to find free non copyrighted music. Honestly, we didn't have too much luck with finding good enough, free music. So we abandoned the idea of downloading music from a website. So I resorted to screen recording free, usable music on YouTube, unlinking the audio, and adding it to the film. The audio was easier to find and far more easier to add to the film. The music is credited to InnerPeace on YouTube. 


The scenes in the film are all done and edited so I saved the video, then added the music. Before I added the music I split the scene where I wanted to the music to start. Then I added the music where ever the scene started. The music starts after that transition between Jenna conversation scene and her arrival at grandparents' house. The music subtly plays in the background up until she enters the home with the psychopath, at that point the music heightens in volume. So I did another split between that section and turned up the volume. In the end, this is how that looked in the app:

The last thing I did was add two, two second clips of a fading black screen at both ends of our film. Those black screens will be occupied by our title sequence which is the very last portion of our editing process. After that we're all done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...