Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Filming Blog: Changing My Location

Filming Blog:

 On October 28th I filmed my commercial. The location I planned to film on completely changed from downtown near the beach to my home. This was due to time sake and difficulty with transportation. I did not realize how complex that would make my filming process, so I settled for the front yard of my home. This is a pro and con because the setting is not as satisfying and you could see a lot of unnecessary items in the background. The pro is its convenience and filming at my home allowed me to gather all my actors without needing to limit how long we filmed. 

The first thing I did to prep for my commercial was gather equipment, this included: all the crocs I own, a jump rope, cleaning and using a basketball, and prepping my tripod. My actors arrived and they all worn their own crocs as well. The variety of colors and designs were helpful in showcase the diversity in shoes, which I did use to my advantage. Based off my equipment, you can see I change to sports ball I used from a volleyball to a basketball, simply because that's what I had on hand.

The actual process went pretty smoothly, this was with the help of my storyboard. My story board was executed pretty accurately and I only had to make one or two changes/ additions to the scenes. I am doing this project by myself meaning I played the role of director and camera man. I was able to direct my actors properly, in a way that followed my storyboard and carried out my vision. All of my scenes called for a reshoot for one of two reasons: either I wanted a different shot or angle of the activity or I didn't like how the actor carried out the scene. One thing I found helpful in filming was to let the camera role as we redid certain activities, instead of stopping and restarting the camera. This gave me more footage to work with and saved the hassle of resetting the scene/ camera. Also, I used the grass in my front yard as a setting for this film and I found myself having to clear out many fallen leaves, so that was a constant chore I had to do.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...