Thursday, April 1, 2021

Editing Blog: Drafting Our Title Sequence

Editing Blog

Now that we've filmed, we're starting to began our editing process. The first part we tackled was our title sequence. We already had a plan for how we wanted it to look so all we had to do was follow suit. I did the draft for the title sequence and met with Kassandra to see if she liked it or not. 

At first I did no idea how to pull it off but I had a random memories of an app called Videostar. This is a mobile editing app that I haven't had a ton of practice with. I used because it was the only familiar app that I knew could create the sequence. The first thing I worked on was getting the movie title to transition colors. We planned for the title to appear yellow and fade into a black shadow. We kept the same concept but decided on fading the title into red instead. I did this by creating two masks, one was yellow, one was red.


I overlayed the two text then set a duration for the fading. The yellow fades first to create that transitioning color effect. I can admit, setting durations for the fades was the most difficult part. Only because it took the most amount of time and manually doing it caused for precision. That was honestly one of the hardest parts of our title sequence. Aside from the movie title, we also changed all the titles to the analog font. We initially planned for the rest of the titles to use Euphemia UCAS Italic but we liked how the Analog looked on the screen.Next step was drafting other essential titles that would display at the beginning of the film. Things I practiced for was timing, fading and placement. I practiced with our "studio" name. The named we're using is "StudioHome" and it'll show as "StudioHome presents." I set durations for the fading of this message, it does come and go a little fast but we think that would be necessary for a two minute film. Last thing I drafted was how we'd present our actors names. They will appear yellow just like the rest of the titles and fade away. As you can see all the titles have the same procedure. The actors names will appear at the bottom of screen, alternating between the left and right side. 

Here's the complete draft:



I should also add that we do not intend on displaying the titles on a black screen. The exact time we showcase our first scene so will the movie titles. Also, this draft is rough and is not the final product, timing and placement will be perfected in the actual film.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Task CCR

Critical Reflection This my critical reflection for our final task. I decided the paint while simultaneously answering questions about the f...